Optimism that a budget agreement before Jan. 1 can be reached has waned over the past week.
50% percent now believe this and 48% are doubtful, a change from the previous three weeks, when a majority of Americans were generally confident leaders would reach a deal to avert the so-called fiscal cliff.
- American Worry About Fiscal Cliff Grows (247wallst.com)
- Obama cuts short Hawaii trip as he returns to Washington to avert ‘fiscal cliff’ (examiner.com)
- “”Fiscal cliff” deal could fall in Harry Reid’s hands” (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Fears Mount Over Fiscal Cliff (politicalwire.com)
- Shimkus Is Frustrated, Pessimistic About Fiscal Cliff (stlouis.cbslocal.com)